December 1990 #2
I’ve watched a lot of home movies; birthdays, school plays, first steps, ball games, vacations, band rehearsals, and all the cat videos. I like home movies. They are a memory machine. A machine shows us images long after we actually remember them, that we could never have remembered in the first place, or maybe even ones that couldn’t have happened at all. I was watching a home movie, of myself, as a child. Me-now sat remembering the scene then in perfect detail—all the way down to the cadence of baby-Cecil’s voice. That didn’t make sense to me, so I decided to make a film about it.
- Indie Grits 2013—Columbia, SC
- Glitch Art 0P3NR3P0.NET Share Fest at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago—Chicago, IL
- University Film & Video Association 2013 Conference—Orange, CA
- UFLEX 2013—Gainesville, FL
- COMPRESS FEST—Asheville, NC